Students applying for admission to the Graduate Certificate Program in CDE must be enrolled in a graduate degree-granting program at the University of Michigan. Admission to the Graduate Certificate Program in CDE may be granted at any time, but please note the following change regarding deadlines announced by Rackham on September 2017:
- To be considered for enrollment in Fall, students will need to apply by August 1st
- To be considered for enrollment in Winter, students will need to apply by December 1st
Application procedures for U-M graduate students currently enrolled in a Rackham graduate program:
- Students should submit a completed application form to email@example.com. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisor and/or one of the MICDE directors prior to submission.
- Students already enrolled in a Rackham graduate program should also submit the form Add a Degree/Certificate Program Application. Please make sure to complete page 5 (code of conduct) of the application. This form should be signed by your departmental Graduate Chair prior to submission. The Graduate Certificate Program in CDE ”program code” is 02101.
Application procedures for current U-M graduate students but not enrolled in a Rackham graduate program (e.g. in Ross School of Business):
- Students should submit a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisor and/or a member of the MICDE steering committee prior to submission.
- Go to the Rackham Graduate School Application.
- Type “Discovery” into the search box, and select the following degree program:
i. Computational Discovery and Engineering Certificate.
- Make sure to upload your UMich transcript from Wolverine Access (unofficial is OK).
- For the Academic Statement of Purpose, upload a copy of your CDE application.
- In the Recommendation section, write “CDE Program — Waived by Dept.” in the First Name field.
- For the Personal Statement, upload a document stating “CDE Program — Personal Statement Not Required.”
- Pay the application fee.
- Email email@example.com to inform us that you have submitted your application.