The XSEDE Scholars Program (XSP) is a program for U.S. students from underrepresented groups in the area of computational sciences. Scholars will learn more about high performance computing and XSEDE resources, network with cutting-edge researchers and professional leaders, and belong to a cohort of student peers to establish a community of academic leaders. In particular, the focus is on the following underrepresented groups: African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and women.
- Receive a stipend of $5000 and 30,000 computing service unit hours to work on an HPC educational/research internship from May 31, 2016-June 1, 2017.
- Receive a travel grant to attend the annual XSEDE Conference (XSEDE16)
- Meet other XSEDE Scholars in special session at the XSEDE16 conference and via an online community throughout the year
- Participate in at least six online technical training and mentoring webinars with other XSEDE scholars
- Network with leaders in the XSEDE research community
- Learn about research, internships, and career opportunities
- Travel to 2-week Blue Waters Petascale Institute
For more information and to apply: XSEDE Scholars Program Web page.