Toyota Research Institute of North America, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is seeking a machine learning scientist to support the in-house research activities. This individual will join a team responsible to develop state-of-art methodologies for material informatics. The position requires staying abreast of emerging field of machine learning, performing original research, publishing/presenting results, involve in collaborative research. Candidate must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of scientists.
The position is subject to annually contract renewal.
• Develop machine learning models to deal with problems/challenges in material informatics;
• Establish tools to collect and structure materials data and harvest valuable information
• Perform text mining from scientific literatures and internal technical documents;
• Frequently communicate with materials scientist within the organization;
• Effectively respond to the challenges emerging in materials project;
• Regularly report and present to the research team and managements;
• MS or above degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related technical field or equivalent
• Strength with machine learning and text mining techniques;
• Fluency in programming languages (Python, C/C++, Java);
• Hands-on experience with statistical software (R, SAS, Matlab, Python);
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-motivated, intelligent individual with initiative and drive for overcoming technical
• Experience with deep learning techniques;
• Experience in projects related to materials science, chemistry and physics;
• Established capability in scientific writing and presentation;
The applicant should send the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 9, 2018.
Machine Learning Scientist
Ann Arbor, MI
February 9, 2018