Last deadline was 1/17/18. Computational science is interdisciplinary by nature, using algorithms, mathematics and computers to analyze and solve scientific and engineering problems. The DOE-CSGF’s unusual program of study helps nurture this crosscutting foundation.
Last deadline was 4/30/2018. ACM SIGHPC and Intel have partnered to create Computational and Data Science Fellowships, a 5-year program to increase the diversity of students pursuing graduate degrees in data science and computational science. Specifically targeted at women or students from racial/ethnic backgrounds that have not traditionally participated in the computing field, the program is open to students pursuing degrees at institutions anywhere in the world.
The NRC Research Associateship Programs (RAP) promote excellence in scientific and technological research conducted by the U.S. government through the administration of programs offering graduate, postdoctoral, and senior level research opportunities at sponsoring federal laboratories and affiliated institutions.
The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program (Dept of Defense) has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing technical degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.
Program Eligibility requirements:
– a citizen of the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or United Kingdom,
– 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2019,
– able to participate in summer internships at a DoD facility,
– willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
– a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of award and,
– pursuing a technical undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed on the About SMART page.
Benefits of the program include:
* Full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
* Cash award paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 depending on degree pursuing (may be prorated depending on award length)
* Summer research internships
* Health insurance allowance up to $1,200 per calendar year
* Miscellaneous Supplies Allowance of $1,000 per academic year
* Employment placement after graduation