The Scientific Computing Student Club (SC2) is a new organization at the University of Michigan sponsored by the Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery and Engineering (MICDE). Its membership includes students and postdocs from many disciplines and interests.
Its goals are to:
- Develop a community across disciplines that fosters collaboration and peer support for scientific computing
- Promote the best practices and standards relating to scientific computing
- Teach and learn about computing resources, languages and environments available at the University of Michigan and at major computing resources
- Aid in the creation and sharing of open-source projects
- Provide a forum for the sharing of the computational triumphs of members research as well as potentially helpful developments and information learned along the way
Please join the club for a kick-off event.
Time/Date: 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 5.
Location: Arbor Brewing Company, 114 E. Washington. (Tap Room)
Food will be provided. The College of Engineering Office of Graduate Studies is a co-sponsor of this event.