- Computational science approaches, algorithms, frameworks, etc.
- Emerging paradigms in computing (exascale computing, quantum computing, FPGA computing, etc.)
- Applications in emerging areas (neuroscience, ecology, evolutionary biology, human-made complex systems, mobility etc.)
- Extensions of traditional computational sciences to complex decision making (reinforcement learning, transfer learning, neuromorphic computing, etc.)
- Artificial Intelligence informing and informed by science
This year, MICDE awarded its third round of catalyst grants to faculty leading seven innovative projects in computational science.
The projects, supported by up to $90,000 in grant funding, span several research areas ranging from cosmology to artificial intelligence systems in computational systems.
Learn more about the 2019-2020 catalyst grants.