Research Assistant in Bioinformatics and Machine Research Opportunity for the Fall 20 – Winter 21 Academic Year + Possibility of Summer Extension
The Air Force Research Labs at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base is seeking a Student Research Assistant to contribute to a project that combines bioinformatics and machine learning. Upper-level undergraduate students, Master’s students, and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- The expected time commitment for this position is ~10 hours/week for the Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 terms, with the opportunity to work full time in the summer of 2021.
- This position will work remotely throughout the academic year, with the possibility of working on-site next summer at the Wright-Patterson Air Force base near Dayton, Ohio.
- This position will be co-advised by two AFRL researchers.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education.
- Applicants for this position should have an interest and/or familiarity with biology or data analysis and machine learning, with an academic major or concentration in one of the following science or engineering fields:
- Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Data Science, Information
- Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science