ERDC DSRC On-site Lead Staff Scientist
The Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, MS is looking for candidates for the Site Lead position. The position description is below and a Secret clearance is required.
- Works with HPCMP customers to identify potential multidisciplinary efforts.
- Participates on appropriate teams as part of the multidisciplinary efforts.
- Facilitates the process by which efforts are presented for consideration to the Government.
- Supports major efforts and may serve as principal investigator.
Primary interface with Government leadership.
- PhD required.
- 10 years of HPC-related experience preferred. (flexible for strong candidates)
- Demonstrated experience in multidisciplinary computational environments.
Documented authorship in peer-reviewed publications.
They are also looking for scientists with DDA experience, and they could be located at ARL (Aberdeen, MD), AFRL (Dayton, OH), Navy (Stennis, MS) or ERDC (Vicksburg, MS). Description of what they are specifically defining DDA as is below.
Data and Decision Analytics (DDA)
DDA covers the entire computational ecosystem (hardware, software, storage, and networks) required to conduct large-scale data analytics. This ecosystem includes how large data is managed, analyzed, and visualized. Capabilities include methods for conducting exploration (what does the data look like?), descriptive (what happened?), diagnostics (why did it happen?), predictive (what will happen?), and prescriptive (how can we make it happen?) analyses. In this computational area, the Contractor shall:
- Work with the HPCMP user base to identify requirements for software and hardware in the area of DDA
- Provide software engineering support for development and improvement of DDA codes
- Provide expert support for the R programming language and R studio
- Provide application-level support for DDA tools including but not limited to Caffe, Tensorflow, Sparc, python, anaconda H2O, and container technologies
- Provide technical support to DDA users/customers across DoD
- Foster and develop collaborations with DoD and non-HPCMP user and customers.
- Identify opportunities, requirements and promising research approaches to exploit and leverage promising data science capabilities. Potential areas include:
- Cognitive modeling
- Automated Target Recognition (ATR) (e.g., DARPA Trace program)
- Test range and training center data streams
- Autonomy – Supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
- High-throughput screening
- Automated fitting and multiscale approaches
- Intrusion-resilient cyber systems and cyber vulnerability assessments and reactions
- Decision-support systems and augmentation of human performance
- Utilization of relational databases, non-relational databases, polystores, and other data management methodologies
- Implement algorithmic cores and new work-stream tools and collaborate with PET on-sites to promote the adoption of HPDA within the HPCMP community.
- Provide leadership to identify, explore and evaluate data science software tools for inclusion within the HPCMP software stack and user community.
- Collaborate with the HPCMP and Centers team to determine when traditional HPC hardware and middleware is appropriate for HPDA problems and tools. Alternatively, provide guidance if and when specialized hardware, middleware, or system configurations would be more optimal.
- Provide technical support to SIP customers/users for existing and emerging software in terms of usability, performance optimization, validation/verification and strong/weak scaling.
- Foster and develop collaborative relationships with DoD and non-DoD communities.