The Optimization Firm: Optimization Research Scientist
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Optimization Firm is seeking a full-time Optimization Research Scientist to begin immediately. Applicants should have expertise in data modeling and analysis, large-scale linear and integer programming, heuristic solutions design, and/or development of efficient optimization implementations.
This developer will have an exciting opportunity to advance software solutions and analytics. As an optimization developer, your ability to develop innovative algorithms and problem-solving solutions will initially support the BARON software project. As you grow into this role, your work will include additional optimization and machine learning projects.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and deploying robust general-purpose optimization algorithms
- Addressing the solution of specific applications
- Communicating research results through scholarly journals and at conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as applied mathematics, computer science, operations research, industrial engineering, or related field
- Experience with optimization methods and solvers (CPLEX, Gurobi, COIN-OR, etc.)
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable working remotely without micromanagement of day-to-day tasks
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as operations research, computer science, or related field
Experience with applications of optimization in areas such as energy or finance
Experience with nonlinear or integer programming algorithms
Benefits and Compensation
You will have the opportunity to advance the world-leading global optimization software, helping solve real-world problems to global optimality. Salaries are negotiable based on your qualifications and experience. We also offer flexible work hours, the possibility of remote employment, and excellent benefits.