- This event has passed.
Graduate Studies in Computational & Data Sciences Info Session – North Campus
September 24, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Johnson Rooms, Lurie Engineering Center, 3rd Floor LEC 3213ABC
Learn about graduate programs that will prepare you for success in computationally intensive fields — pizza and pop provided
- The Ph.D. in Scientific Computing is open to all Ph.D. students who will make extensive use of large-scale computation, computational methods, or algorithms for advanced computer architectures in their studies. It is a joint degree program, with students earning a Ph.D. from their current departments, “… and Scientific Computing” — for example, “Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering and Scientific Computing.”
- The Graduate Certificate in Computational Discovery and Engineering trains graduate students in computationally intensive research so they can excel in interdisciplinary HPC-focused research and product development environments. The certificate is open to all students currently pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Michigan.
- The Graduate Certificate in Computational Neuroscience trains the next generation of interdisciplinary neuroscientists. The certificate program is open to all students pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Michigan.
- The Graduate Certificate in Data Science is focused on developing core proficiencies in data analytics:
1) Modeling — Understanding of core data science principles, assumptions and applications;
2) Technology — Knowledge of basic protocols for data management, processing, computation, information extraction, and visualization;
3) Practice — Hands-on experience with real data, modeling tools, and technology resources.