Seeking Student for Fall 2020 Research Project Position with the U-M Computational Quantum Many-Body Physics Group
The U-M Computational Quantum Many-Body Physics Group, led by Professor Emanuel Gull, is seeking a master’s student to contribute to its work on a research project in graphics processing unit (GPU) programming for high-performance computing (HPC) simulations of quantum systems. Qualified undergraduate students may also be considered for this position. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
- Knowledge of physics and quantum mechanics is not required for this position
- The estimated workload for this position is 10-20 hours per week
- Tentative start date: Fall 2020 term on the University of Michigan’s Ann Arbor campus
- Experience working with CUDA parallel computing platform and related techniques
- Familiarity with HPC, scaling, and optimization strategies
- Compensation range for this position is $20-$25, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please send a brief (no longer than 2-page) CV or resume to Professor Emanuel Gull at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject, “Fall 2020 Project Research Assistant Position”.