(Weather Announcement: The current forecast is calling for rain all day on 10/31/19 and part of the day on 11/1/19. Please dress accordingly and note that The Graduate Hotel provides complimentary umbrellas for its guests.)
We anticipate that most travel, lodging, and any meals not provided during the workshop will fit within a budget of $1,000. Please use the Travel Expense Form to document and submit original receipts for reimbursable expenses. Itemized receipts are required for expenses greater than $25. Travelers are responsible for complying with the conditions of the grant or contract to which expenses are being charged, and should claim the most economical method.
Airfare: Allowance for air travel normally will not exceed the cost of round-trip, economy airfares. Persons traveling under NSF grants must travel by U.S.-Flag Air carriers, or on a carrier that is a partner of a U.S. airline, if available.
Automobile: Additional insurance purchased on automobile rentals will not be reimbursed.
The group reservation is at The Graduate Ann Arbor: 615 E. Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Group block held for Wednesday, October 30 – Friday, November 1
- Room rate: $189- $209 per night (plus 5% occupancy tax and 6% sales tax)
- If you’re experiencing any issues with your reservation, please contact Heidi Bennett at email@example.com.
- Individual attendees must make their reservations by September 30, 2019
- Online booking link: https://tinyurl.com/y4xb8gpp *double check that the arrival and departure dates are correct when booking online*
- Reserve by phone: (734) 769-2200 and provide the group name “UM MICDE” and dates (Oct 30-Nov 1)
Getting to Ann Arbor
AIRPORT: Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW) is 20 miles from Ann Arbor, about a 40 minute drive.
Ground transportation between the airport & Ann Arbor
- AirRide – This shuttle runs 13 times during the day and stops at the downtown Ann Arbor Blake Transit Center (10 minute walk from campus). A one way ticket on AirRide is $15, however, if a reservation is made in advance the fare is reduced to $12. Get more info & make reservations at MyAirRide.com.
- Golden Limousine – Executive car service from airport (sedans, SUVs and limos). Please reserve in advance for airport pickup.
- Michigan Green Cars – Hybrid vehicle fleet providing airport and local cab service. Please reserve in advance for airport pickup.
- MetroCabs provide convenient, on-demand transportation from the airport. To make a reservation, contact Metro Cars (800) 456-1701 or Metro Cab (734) 997-6500 or visit the Metro Cars / Metro Cab kiosks located in the Ground Transportation Centers at each terminal.
- Uber and Lyft – use Rideshare service apps to book a ride to and from Detroit Metro Airport.
- Passengers can only meet their driver at the Terminal’s Ground Transportation Center within the designated Rideshare area.
- Once across the skybridge, “Rideshare” signs will guide passengers to the designated Rideshare areas of McNamara or North Terminal’s Ground Transportation Center.
- McNamara Terminal: Rideshare is located on Level 4 of the parking garage.
- North Terminal: Rideshare is located on Level 1 of the parking garage.
The Ann Arbor Amtrak Station is served daily by Amtrak’s Wolverine, which runs three times daily between Chicago and Detroit. Visit Amtrak’s website for more information: www.amtrak.com. The Amtrak Station is located at 325 Depot Street within the city of Ann Arbor, 0.8 mile from central campus.
U-M Visitor Parking is available on U-M’s Central Campus at the Palmer Drive structure located on Palmer Drive just west of Washtenaw Avenue (see map).
- The Palmer Drive Parking Structure is a U-M faculty-staff parking facility with 180 visitor parking spaces. It is adjacent to Palmer Commons at the intersection of Washtenaw Avenue and Palmer Drive. The Palmer Structure is managed by U-M Parking and Transportation Services.
- From Washtenaw Avenue, turn on Palmer Drive, proceed approximately 100 yards to the 2nd parking entrance on your left that is marked “Visitor Parking”.
- Pull a ticket, (which is .70 per half-hour) and park on levels LL (lower level) and P1 (level 1).
- If the Palmer Structure is full, please try the Maynard Structure at 324 Maynard St.